You know why Instagram is so popular? Because every post is an image or video. When you look on Facebook do you stop for a long text post or keep scrolling until you see an image? We live in an over stimulated and visual culture. People want to take in information fast and move on. The fastest way people take in info is through images. If you need any more reasons to add text to your images here are a few:
The Easiest Way to Add Text to Your Images
By using PicMonkey.com you can quickly and easily add text over lay to your pictures. I’m going to take a vehicle picture and spice it up using Pic Monkey to show you what it can do.
The BEFORE Picture
Pic Monkey Walk-Thru
- Go to PicMonkey.com
- Click Edit a Photo
- Click Open > My Computer
- Locate, select, and open your image from your computer.
- Now start having fun! The steps below are how I edited my picture.
Editing My Car Image Step by Step
- Clicked the Butterfly image on the Editor menu for adding Overlays
- Clicked the arrow next to Your Own and chose My Computer
- Located and opened my Demo Dealership Logo file
- Still in Overlays clicked Geometric and selected the rectangle
- Then resized it to go across the top with a 75% Fade
- Right clicked the rectangle and selected Send Backward to put it behind my logo
- Clicked the Tt image on the Editor menu for adding Text
- Clicked the Add Text button and selected Arial Black as my font
- Used the text box on the image to type in my phone number then chose the color white and increased the font size
- To make the large font fit in the box I hovered the text box right edge and dragged it to make it a wider text box
- Then I repeated the same thing and made a smaller text box with a yellow color and really personalized my image!
- Clicked the Butterfly and selected Banners
- Chose the second banner and placed it at the bottom left with a 40% Fade
- Right clicked the banner image I just made and selected duplicate layer then moved the duplicate 10 pixels left and repeated a second time to create a third image layer
- Added text overlay for price and price description
- Added one more text box to list some of the vehicles features
- Clicked Save at the top of the image to save it to my computer
The Final Product!
Here is how my image turned out after about 5-7 minutes of editing using PicMonkey.com
Do multiple images back to back so you can reuse your template you just created! Just click the Butterfly and the the top button that says Your Own to bring in the next vehicle image. When you import the new image just resize it then right click it to Send to Back. I did this 4Runner in about 2 minutes, just changing the price and vehicle description.